Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chapter 7 - Starting with images

When I was reading through Chapter 6 Burmark start starts talking about looking at image and telling the story (Burmark, 2011). One might think that this type of strategy belongs in an English classroom. The principal in my campus assures that these types of strategies be used in every subject. If you are to walk into my classroom you’ll see posters of people who have change the world because of their integration in technology. I’ll point to a picture and the students tell me the story behind that person without knowing who he/she is. By the way it’s interesting to see that the quality of paper changes in this chapter. A word wall is present in my computer lab including culture images. I agree with Burmark, when she mentions that we do make a difference with our students (Burmark, 2011). It’s amazing of how much student pick up even when you think they are not listening, they are! They know when you are prepared to teach the material and when you’re just winging it. I’m always ready for my students and they are always ready for me. Chapter 7 had an interesting ending but she made her point, educators make a difference!

Works Cited

Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze, You Lose: The Educator's Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment