Monday, February 6, 2012

Chapter 1 - Tweaking Presentations


During my elementary years presentations where made with white boards and if we wanted effects such as sound or movement we had to create it ourselves with real life materials. In 1988 I was in 7th grade when the school installed a mainframe computer. One room was designated for the computer and another for monitors. In 1990 I took a computer class where we had to use DOS and type in commands in order to create a document of any sort. If I’m not mistaking it was in 1992 when I created my first PowerPoint. I had no idea that they were specifically for presentations even though I was using it to present my reports. PowerPoint to me was just a resource. I never remember thinking about the templates, color or type. I was just excited that there was a software that would allow me to present my reports with style and affordable, since I didn’t have to purchase a whiteboard or any other materials to cause effects. Burmark is right when she mentions that color makes a difference on how your audience is going to react or if they are even going to look at your presentation without dosing off. Colors and less noise keeps your audience attention on the topic in which you are presenting. If you noticed I use Verdana font for this post, just to see if Burmark is right.


Burmark, L. (2011). they Snooze you Lose. In L. Burmark, they snooze you lose (pp. 4-23). Wiley, John &
     Sons, Incorporated.
compsci-timeline. (2012, 01 01). http://compsci-timeline.wikispaces.com/1989+-+MS+Office. Retrieved 02
     04, 2012, from http://compsci-timeline.wikispaces.com/1989+-+MS+Office: http://compsci-
     timeline.wikispaces.com/1989+-+MS+Office

No comments:

Post a Comment