Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chapter 3 - Celebrating Presenters

Chapter 3 is interesting to me since it talks about the actual presentation. It’s funny that when I create presentations for a professional audience I make sure that the PowerPoint is very detailed and that I don’t miss anything. But when I create presentations for my students, it’s a single word or image and it’s there just to trigger my mind and remember what I’m going to talk about next. Then that tells me that I need to do the same with my professional development trainings. My trainings are not boring but doing this to my presentations will allow me to be more knowledgeable about the topic and maybe explore more so that I can entertain the crowd. Burmark talks about the motivational speaker (Burmark, 2011) which I usually do on the first day of class during my orientation. My motivational speech inspires the student to succeed not only in my class but in other classes and in life. It will be interesting how I’m going to integrate this into my PPT.

Works Cited

Burmark, L. (2011). They Snooze, You Lose: The Educator's Guide to Successful Presentations. San Francisco: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated.


No comments:

Post a Comment